Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Why Do I Love Coffee?

Since childhood, drinking coffee had been part of my morning routine.

Early in the morning, the aroma of the coffee boiling from the kitchen wakes me up for a new day. With a cup of coffee and some pieces of pandesal, my family and I would gather surround a bonfire prepared outside the house. This is our fun way of warming ourselves from the coldness of the breeze. While enjoying our coffee, every one of us would share a story. Sometimes we talk about household choirs, sometimes we talk about politicians, and most of the time we talk about current events. From there, my grandfather would teach us values to keep and guide our acts. While having fun and pondering on every thought, the cocks would join us as they crow.

The coffee time in the morning would only end when the rays of the sunrise would shine upon us. From there the usual daily duties begin, cleaning the house, eating and preparing for school or work.

In the afternoon, we would gather in front of the television. We enjoy sipping our coffee as much as we enjoy watching an anime or a news program on TV.

From there, coffee had been, has and will be a part of my life not because the taste satisfies me but because it reminds me of many people I had drunk with and it reminds me of all things that my departed grandfather had taught us.

1 comment:

Liz said...

hello! kaya naman pala, visit sana ako yesterday. anyway, welcome back ^_^

i-add ko din ito sa 2 ko pang blogs
http://mlizcochico.com
http://liz.mommyslittlecorner.com